You aren’t the only one who thinks it’s impossible to keep a home clean and tidy. Most homeowners don’t have the time to clean up after work, social events, or kids’ activities.
A housekeeper can help. Before you start talking about housekeepers being only for wealthy families or those who have their own sitcom, you need to understand that professional cleaning is now more affordable and accessible than ever.
NW Maids has made it our business to help customers from all walks of life and with any budget to the best housekeeping and cleaning services in the Pacific Northwest. You might be unfamiliar with the process of hiring this service, or what it may cover.
What services can professional housekeepers provide?
Although it’s an easy question, there are more to the answer than you might think.
Why hire professional housekeeping services?
A Clean and Tidy Space
Cleanliness is key to happy and healthy living. Professionals can do the job efficiently, regardless of whether you don’t have the time or are not skilled at cleaning. You can move quickly through your day without worrying about cleaning up after the dishes and the bathrooms. This gives you the peace of mind you need to be at your best. You can use that time to focus on your job or family with a professional housekeeper.
No Supplies Required
Don’t worry about stocking up on cleaning supplies. You can expect paid employees to bring their own cleaning supplies. You can have a few spares for quick cleaning, but not enough to do large-scale cleans.
Flexibility in Choosing Your Requirements
You can hire housekeepers to do specific tasks. If you have guests coming, it might be necessary to clean the guest rooms only. You can hire the service to do any last touches after guests have left.
Do a Better Job
Although you may know more about your home than a professional cleaner, you might not be an expert in the art of cleaning. You might overlook things because you don’t know how or don’t want to. These spaces could include your ceiling fans and even the corners of your toilet. These spaces are difficult to reach or require special equipment. No matter how hard they may be, a professional will make sure that your house is spotless.
Say goodbye to pet shedding and odor
You can expect to clean more often if you have pets like a cat or dog. Because of the amount of shedding that pets can cause, you will need to clean your house more often. You can also say good bye to pet smell. Professionals will keep your home clean and fresh so that guests don’t unexpectedly stop by. You will also feel reenergized when you return home, which is one of the most satisfying feelings.
Get More Cleaning Knowledge and Experience
A professional housekeeper will do a better task of maintaining and cleaning up the house. They also have the knowledge to choose what products to use on which surfaces. It is important to avoid using a product that can fade your furniture’s color or leave scratches on your appliances. Professionals will either use the right products for the right surfaces, or they may avoid certain products altogether. This will ensure your home stays in the best possible condition.
How to Hire Professional Housekeeping Services
Are You a Working Person
You don’t want to return home to a messy and untidy home if your job requires you to be away from home for long periods of time. Relax and take some time for yourself after a hard day. This will allow you to be more productive the next day. You can be relieved of this responsibility by hiring a housekeeper who will do an excellent job.
Have a Busy Family and Social Life
Children, pets, and a busy social life can lead to dirty dishes piling up and furniture collecting dust. A professional housekeeper can reduce the stress so that you can spend more time with your loved ones.
Just announcing a new baby
A newborn can take up a lot of your energy and time, which can leave you exhausted. Mothers must take care of their children full-time. They deserve to be able to relax and take time for other chores. Your housekeeper will ensure that everything is in order, so you can take a deep breath and relax.
Cleaning Isn’t Your Forte
It is hard work and not for everyone. If you aren’t able to keep up with the housekeeping chores, it is a good idea to be honest with your self and hire help. You might not be able to clean your home well enough. You will need to be able to maintain your living space in a good condition. It may seem like too much work. Outsourcing professional help is the best option.
You’re a Frequent Traveler
Your home needs to be maintained and cleaned if you are constantly on the move for work or pleasure. It can also pose a security risk if the house isn’t maintained once in a while. A housekeeper can ensure your home is clean and tidy while you’re away. It will also give you the peace of mind that someone is watching over your home and checking to make sure everything is in order.
What services do housekeepers provide?
You should first understand the difference between a housekeeper and a cleaner.
NW Maids has hundreds of service providers in Washington and Oregon that can meet all your cleaning needs. This allows us to interchangeably use the terms “housekeeper” and “house cleaner”.
You are the boss when it comes to professional housekeeping services. There are certain jobs that a cleaner will not do, but most basic services can be covered and priced to suit your needs and budget. NW Maids, seasoned professionals in housekeeping, makes it easy to book partial or complete home cleaning depending on how many rooms you have. You can add on additional services such as oven cleaning, basement cleaning or move-out deep cleaning.
What can you expect when you hire housekeeping services? Our housekeepers are trained to do the following tasks for you so that you can enjoy your day without stress.
Let’s get to the basics.
Basic Cleaning Services
Clean houses are always welcoming, healthy, and comfortable. Our cleaners are qualified and have the experience to perform basic cleaning services in your living spaces, such as bathrooms and kitchens. These services include:
Living Areas and Bedrooms
Bedrooms and living rooms are subject to a lot more foot traffic than other areas of the house, which means they can become cluttered, dusty and disorganized much quicker than other areas. These are the main areas where a housekeeper will concentrate their efforts. Your service provider should:
- Dust all surfaces. This includes cleaning all surfaces (countertops, shelves, tabletops and other surfaces) thoroughly.
- Clean up all fixtures and mirrors. Glass and light fixtures are susceptible to dust, spiderwebs and other debris. They will look like new again with a good polish.
- Floor cleaning. No matter if you have wood, laminate, carpets or rugs, the main part of any housekeeping service is to clean those surfaces and vacuum them up.
- Take out any clothing or linens that may be found in the bedrooms and place them in the designated spot. A quick tidy up in the kid’s room can make a huge difference.
- Garbage collection. The housekeeper cleans up after their family and also takes care of your trash. All trash and recycling found in the living areas will be taken away.
Bathrooms & Toilets
The bathroom is the most neglected room in the house. The bathroom is a hot and humid place that can become a breeding ground of mold, mildew and stains due to the constant heat and moisture it receives. The good news is that most housekeeping services include the following:
- Clean and sanitize any “wet” surfaces. To give your toilets a healthy glow, you will need to wipe down the tubs, sinks and showers. This will remove mildew buildup and give each surface a clean, fresh scent.
- All fixtures and mirrors should be cleaned. Use the right cleaning solution to give your bathroom lights and mirrors a shine.
- Wipe all floors. Bathroom floors, bath mats and rugs can quickly become a problem. You can get your floors looking new again with a good mop, polish, and a good scrub.
- Get rid of all your garbage. Bathroom garbage bins can be neglected. Your housekeeper will ensure that they are taken to the curb along with all the rest.
Kitchen and Dining Areas
Ask any homeowner and they will tell you that the heart of the home is the kitchen. It is where your family spends the most time. Your housekeeper might be able to customize your service depending on your requirements. Generally, however, you can expect the following to happen on each visit:
- Dust all surfaces and countertops Your maid will clean your countertops and dispose of any trash. They’ll then dust all surfaces, including behind and under appliances, so that your kitchen is clean and pest-free.
- Empty your dishwasher of all dishes. Don’t worry if your children leave glassware, cups, and plates all over the kitchen. The housekeeper will happily pick them up, wash them, and put them in the dishwasher for you to have fresh flatware upon your return.
- Clean your appliances. To keep your appliances looking their best, you need to clean them often. Your housekeeper will determine the best cleaning solution for your appliances.
- Clean and mop your floors. A clean, well-maintained kitchen floor is one the best things in the universe. The housekeeper will clean up any clutter and then polish the floor to a shining shine.
Special Services (Extra Charges Apply)
There are occasions when you need more than the services listed above, such as Spring Cleaning or move-ins or move-outs. You can choose from our extensive list of specialized services and your housekeeper’s will do the job on their next trip. These services include:
- Cabinet cleaning. Your cabinets and cupboards are designed to hold plates and glasses. If you are worried about what lurks behind fruit snacks, this is an excellent option.
- Oven and fridge cleaning. It’s a good idea every few months to empty your fridge and give it a thorough cleaning. This will prevent mold and stains growing in your refrigerator. The opposite is true for your oven. You can prevent the caked-on grease and grime from forming a problem by cleaning it with a strong cleaner.
- Polishing interior Windows. Window cleaning is usually a separate service. However, we offer it as an additional service to help you save both time and money. For a streak-free view, your housekeeper will clean all interior windows.
- Deep cleaning. Sometimes, your home needs a “once-over.” This is our deep cleaning service. Deep cleaning is different from regular cleaning in that it pays attention to the most neglected areas and covers all spaces. Deep cleaning is recommended if your house has not been cleaned professionally in a while. Additional services such as cleaning the interior of your fridge, cabinets and ovens can be requested. This includes all the services listed in our standard packages but we take the time to get into the nooks.
- Moving In/Moving out Cleaning. Two times in a homeowner’s lifetime when their home must be spotless are when they move in or out. These are the two most difficult and time-consuming tasks. Properly cleaning your home is something you don’t want to do. Our services include a thorough cleaning of the entire house, including mopping, dusting, wiping down, and vacuuming.
- Laundry and ironing. The laundry room is a common place to start the day. The housekeepers will take the burden off your shoulders and provide you with clean, wrinkle-free laundry. While we are in your house, we will do laundry for you. We will only need your instructions and it will be ready in the dryer for you when you return.
- Floor Vacuuming: We vacuum all floors in your home, including tile, hardwood, stairs and carpeted.
- Dusting We dust every surface in your home with great care and ensure that nothing is overlooked. We also care for the small details like photo frames, ceiling fans, decorations, sunshades and furniture.
- We mop all floors including tile, hardwood and linoleum. All baseboards must be cleaned and mopped by our housekeepers.
- SanitizingSanitizing is vital, especially in areas that are susceptible to bacteria and germ buildups like bathrooms and kitchen sinks. These areas can be used without worrying with our services.
- Wet and dry wiping: Mirrors, glass surfaces and taps can be cleaned by thoroughly wiping them. We will vigorously clean out any areas that are contaminated with mortar, gunk, and mildew.
- Final Touchups: After taking care of the major duties, our specialists also offer touchups like fluffing pillows and straightening mats or rugs and properly positioning chairs.
- Trash collection: Housekeepers regularly remove trash and recycle it, if necessary.
- Interior Wall Cleaning. If you don’t clean your walls regularly, dirt, dust, bacteria, and other contaminants can quickly buildup. Your asthma and allergies will be minimized if your walls are clean. It will also give your home an organized, cleaner look. We can also offer a deep-cleaning service if your walls look particularly grimy. Our wall-cleaning assistants will use the most effective tools and techniques to ensure that your wall paint stays intact while removing all the filth.
- Baseboard cleaning: We thoroughly scrub, clean and sanitize all baseboards that are dirty.
Additional Ad Hoc Services
Many housekeeping companies are open to offering additional services to customers. These services may include:
- Snack prep and meals: Housekeeping professionals can prepare snacks and meals according to your preferences and dietary needs. Housekeeping experts will prepare delicious meals for you, so there’s no need to compromise on taste and quality. After you’re done eating, they will clean up the dishes.
- Pet Care:Some housekeeping companies also offer pet care services. This means that you can be sure your furry friend is happy and healthy. You can take them on daily walks, feed them, or play with them.
- Housekeepers can run small errands such as dropping off laundry. You might contact the facility first to see if they are willing to do the job. You can clearly specify your requirements when you book the service .
What to Expect from Housekeeping Services?
Housekeepers are not expected to perform certain tasks or duties. These include those not included in their job description, or those that could put them at risk. You shouldn’t expect them to do tasks beyond their expertise or ability.
Heavy Outdoor Cleaning
Your regular housekeeper might not be able to do outdoor cleaning, which requires you to climb up high to wash your windows. This job requires special equipment and expertise, and can prove dangerous for those involved.
The housekeeper is not a babysitter, so they should not be expected to care for children. Your expectations should be limited to their main tasks, which are cleaning and maintenance.
Cleaning Human Feces
Exposure to human feces can be very dangerous. If you have such a problem, call a waste removal company.
Although housekeepers are trained to clean bathrooms, they don’t have the expertise in unblocking drains or fixing minor issues. It is best to call an experienced plumber if you have such a problem.
Housekeepers are prohibited from carrying or moving anything over 35 pounds. This is for their safety. Make sure to look for a service that caters to heavy lifting.
How to Prepare Your House for Your Housekeeper
The time-saving benefits that having a housekeeper should now be obvious. Many NW Maids customers are unsure what they should do to prepare for their housekeeper. The good news is that there’s no need to clean as much as you would like. We have a checklist to help you make your first cleaning a success.
- Don’t Worry about the Mess!
A professional house cleaner was hired, not an investigator to assess your home’s cleanliness. You don’t have to worry about keeping your home clean or making it look better than normal. The service providers are experts in what they can do to make your home sparkle again. That’s why you pay them!
- Move Your Belongings
To make it easier for your cleaner to reach the surfaces, you might want to move toys, clothes and books. This is not an attempt to make you work, but to protect your property. Your housekeeper will often advise you to be cautious if in doubt.
- Please be specific in your order form
NW Maids has an easy-to-use ordering form that you can use whenever you need service. This is a great opportunity to discuss any special requirements or needs you may have. You want to make sure your grandmother’s china isn’t stolen? That’s possible. You want to make your bathroom stand out? We can help. You just need to tell us.
- Don’t sweat the equipment
Every service provider that we partner with will have everything they need before they arrive at your house. We do not want our customers to be responsible for providing paper towels, gloves and cleaners. You can relax, place your order and then enjoy returning to your brand-new home.
Professional Home Cleaning You Can Count On
NW Maids is dedicated to providing reliable, affordable home cleaning in the Pacific Northwest. We are a housekeeper referral agency that gives our customers immediate access to the best cleaners in Washington and Oregon. We do our best not only to make our services affordable, but also to make them accessible.
Call NW Maids if you are ready to take on the professional cleaning responsibility. NW Maids is that team.
How Often Should You Hire Professional Housekeeping Services?
It is recommended to hire housekeepers to clean your home every two weeks. This is especially important if you have large families, children, or pets. You might need to hire help more often if you host parties and guests more often. It all boils down to you and your individual needs.
You should make an appointment as soon you can if you don’t recall the last time you deep-cleaned your home.
You are looking for professional house cleaning services which are flexible, high quality, and easy-to-book? Get a quote now by visiting our website at nwmaids.com . Our team of experts will work with you to meet your requirements. Our maids have been background checked, are insured, and are pleasant to work alongside. Get in touch today for more information on our pricing and packages!
Visit our website at https://nwmaids.com
Visit our Seattle location:
NW Maids Cleaning Service
10002 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, WA 98133
<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!1m18!1m12!1m3!1d344052.16689831536!2d-122.38811328276702!3d47.64736327457367!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i1024!2i768!4f13.1!3m3!1m2!1s0x549016a8df0a3933%3A0x3261c7371674d80c!2sNW%20Maids%20Cleaning%20Service!5e0!3m2!1sen!2s!4v1633826334732!5m2!1sen!2s" width="600" height="450" style="border:0;" allowfullscreen="" loading="lazy"></iframe>